Tuesday, May 4, 2010

He's a growin' boy!

The last time I blogged about Jet he was about a month old! Now he is 13 months old! He is growing up to look even more like his daddy. He is still the sweetest, happiest baby. He is my pride and joy!
THEN

NOW A lot of people predicted Jet's hair would get darker and that his eyes would turn brown. Well, obviously they were far off! Jet still has beautiful bright red hair and crystal blue eyes. People that I don't even know stop me in the store all the time, just to let me know how beautiful they think Jet is. Jet loves the attention. He is such a flirt. I've taught him to tilt his head to the side and smile when I say "be cute!". He has the cutest little dimple on one cheek. They always die for that.

Jet is such a boy! He loves to be outside. He loves the grass the dirt and especially the bugs! If he catches sight of any kind of bug he laughs and claps his hands. Jet loves cars. He thinks everything is a car. He will take his shoes, the remote, his sippy cup or a block and "drive" them around the carpet making "vroom vroom" noises. He also loves airplanes. He has a bunch of little toy airplanes and he will run around the house holding them in the air. Jet's bedroom is done with an airplane/car theme. He loves to play with his toys!


Jet has Andy's laugh. To hear them laugh at the same time is like hearing an echo. They make the same facial expressions and have similar mannerisms. Sometimes I look at Jet and see Andy shining through so clearly it darn near breaks my heart. It is so adorable.

See the similarity? Haha!

Jet has a very special toy that mommy got for him the day he said his first word ("dog"). It is a cute stuffed dog he likes to call "Dog-Dog". He can't sleep without it. He carries it all over the house. He hugs it so tight. He trys to feed it food and give it his sippy cup. He is his constant companion while he watches his favorite show - Little Bear on Disney Channel. He has just recently been ok with Dog-Dog waiting in the car while we go into the store. I'm hoping he grows out of this attatchment eventually, but for now I think it is absolutely adorable!



Jet loves stories and songs. At least once a day I sit Jet on my lap, sing him songs and read him stories. As soon as he is sitting on my lap he claps his hands and sings. He knows exactly what time it is. His favorites are "Patty Cake", "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Old Mcdonald". Jet is so sweet! But of course, he's got his naughty side. He gets into everything! He knows how to undo the childproof locks and get into the cupboards. His favorite is the pantry. The other day I caught him after he dumped out a whole box of cereal. He managed to shove a few handfuls into his mouth before I got to him. I know he seems like a handful at times, but I know I will look back and see these days as the simple times.


Jet is my precious baby boy. I love him so much. Words cannot describe. I love being a mommy. Everyday he brings me joy, makes me laugh and sometimes he makes me cry. It is hard knowing my sweet husband is missing out on a happiness he barely got to know before he left. He is working hard to provide the best future for his son. He loves him very much. Although Jet hasn't been around his daddy to connect with him, he knows who he is. He knows something is missing. Soon I'll have both of my boys. What a happy day that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment